October 31, 2017 marks the 500th anniversary of the year Martin Luther made his 95 Theses known to the world, thus changing the history of the church and world forever.
The church had lost its way; it was and is in need of Reformation and refocus. The 95 Theses simply declare, “The Church’s true treasure is the gospel of Jesus Christ.” The reformation gave God's church a roadmap to stay on His course: five solas, the essential things.
- Sola Scriptura (“Scripture alone”): The Bible alone is our highest authority.
- Sola Fide (“faith alone”): We are saved through faith alone in Jesus Christ.
- Sola Gratia (“grace alone”): We are saved by the grace of God alone.
- Solus Christus (“Christ alone”): Jesus Christ alone is our Lord, Savior, and King.
- Soli Deo Gloria (“to the glory of God alone”): We live for the glory of God alone.
Join us as we celebrate the rich church history of the Reformation and use it to refocus and deepen our personal relationship with God.
- Leader: Jeanine Dungan
- Dates: Saturday, Oct. 7, 14, 21, 28
- Room: 237
- Cost: $5